Updating packages and the rpm command

Samuel Morales Jr. sonofrage at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 15:39:00 EDT 2002

I believe that should be a capital U rpm "rpm -Uvh"

As far the athlon rpm, that means it was compiled with
optimizations for Athlon/Duron processors and you may
get better performance out of it. If performance it
not a major issue you can just go with the most
current version (or for even more fun, compile it
yourself!).