VPN experience

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 14:17:50 EDT 2002

I don't know about FreeS/WAN but I've used CIP before and that seems
to be pretty stable.  I built two routers out of old '486 boxes with no
hard drives in them.  They boot from LRP floppies and have CIPed
packages added.  Took a bit to get configured but I haven't touched them
in two years.  Solid operation by an office and an offsite with constant
access through DSL lines.

Cheers!

Bob
--- Todd Wirth <todd at phyberoptiks.net> wrote:
> I figured I'd throw this question out here, and maybe get a response.
>
> Does anyone have a good deal of experience with FreeS/WAN and IPsec
> tunneling? I'm in charge of creating a secure tunnel between our remote
> sites, and I'm having a minor problem keeping the tunnel up when traffic
> starts flowing (I think the problem is relating to the MTU setting on one
> end).
>
> If anyone has experience with this I'd like to hear from you. You can email
> me at todd at phyberoptiks.net, or just reply to the list if you think others
> may be interested.
>
> Thanks,
> -- Todd