X question

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 09:13:06 EDT 2002

Well, in Mandrake, you can tell the machine to come up in init
level 5 which means automatically start X and put up an xdm
(kdm?) display manager to ask for username and password.
You can also tell Mandrake to automatically log in the X session
as some user.  This should take care of what you're looking for.

Cheers!

Bob
--- Justin Bennett <justin.bennett at dynabrade.com> wrote:
> Ok got a silly one, I have a libretto, I want it to boot up, login as a
> user (non-root) and then startx. It's my mp3 player for my stereo.
> Trying to run a su -c user startx from /etc/rc.d/rc.local I don't have
> console ownership and it dies. Anybody got an idea?
>
> --
> Justin Bennett
> Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
> Network Administrator