Small Distro Question

Todd Wirth todd at phyberoptiks.net
Thu Jun 6 17:06:51 EDT 2002

I'll try not to start a distro war, but Slackware does have packages, and
some support for RPMs. If you're interested in packages for Slack (.tgz)
check http://www.linuxpackages.net You can find pretty much anything you
want there.

I just got two identical laptops up and running Slack, that will become our
IPsec gateways between our two offices as a backup solution. They're
currently running 498mb of used space with 2.4.18 kernel source and the
development packages installed.

A base install of Slack w/ networking (package sets A, N, and optional AP)
should run you less than 100 mb, depending on the options you choose.

As far as smaller options, I've played with LEAF (Bering) recently. You
might want to get it out at http://leaf.sourceforge.net.

I'm Slack biased I'll admit it ;)
-- Todd