rpm's

two_black_dogs green_man at bluefrognet.net
Thu Jul 25 18:05:01 EDT 2002

>  #2 didn't do it, it still requires a query. With Mandrake's Software
> manager you can query all the rpm's that came with the distro by file
> name, text within, etc. Anything like that I can do from command
> prompt? or does RedHat have a GUI similar that would do it? (not
> kpackage)
> On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 10:25, Cyber Source wrote: / I was looking for a
> way to list or query all the rpm's that came with the distribution of
> RedHat 7.3(Valhalla). It looks like your second choice might do the
> trick. Thanks /

Peter- If this is what you're after, I just tried this:
I mounted the 2nd CD of Mandrake 8.1and opened it in the File Manager [I
used Konqueror],  then navigated to the directory called RPMs.
All the rpm titles on that disk were listed, similar to " Installable"
in Software Manager, only one disk at a time.
Crude, but effective.   :-)

Scott Lawton

--
two_black_dogs