Mandrake 8.2

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrognet.net
Sat Jul 20 16:37:17 EDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 13:01:07 -0400
"Gregory J. Neumann" <gjn at certainlywood.com> wrote:

> How close are you to Holland?  I've got Adelphia, so I could get
> something burned for you fairly quickly and you could maybe pick it
> up.  I've been messing w/ Gentoo lately, when I'm not at work
> cursing M$.  I use mkisofs and cdrecord exclusively for CD burning.
> Works great, even on a 486 providing light Samba services to 3
> Winblows machines.  IIRC, xcdroast is only a front end for cdrecord,
> anyway.  If that's the case, why bother w/ the extra layer?  Sorry,
> I've been doing command line since XT's with 10 megabyte drives were
> cutting edge, so ....
>
> -Greg
>

> > I definitely need to get Man8.2 CDs at the next meeting.

I'm down in Gowanda.
Are you going to be able to make it to the meeting ?

If not, it sounds like a pleasant motorcycle ride some day afterwork.
:-)

A cd burner is next on the wish list for the Tux box. I've got about
150 1.72 MB floppies worth of documents and programs in zip files.
--

Scott

Sylpheed 0.7.8