Adding hardrive

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Jul 19 22:55:04 EDT 2002

You want the drive to be identified as the Secondary Slave on your IDE
bus, correct?  This is what /dev/hdd would represent.

What info did dmesg|more provide?

Possibly, does /dev/hdd exist? `ls -l /dev/hdd`  Perhaps the block device
needs to be created in /dev.  It should already exist, but hence
troubleshooting leads to double-checking everything.

-Rob

> When I do a dmesg |more it notices it but then it says hdd driver not present

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me