Gnome Warning

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Sat Jul 13 11:39:22 EDT 2002

I am running XMMS because of the feautres, playlists, streaming media,
and the IRman plugin. I haven't found a command based one with all the
above. Tried doing su -c but It asks for a password which would needs
human input. I'm trying to get it to start xmms as root at bootup
basically. The only was I was able to do this (kinda hokey) was to
create an expect script which ssh's to 127.0.0.1 as root and runs xmms
and displays it on the xconsole. Told you it was hokey. But doing su -c
I need password input which is what I'm trying to avoid.