Updating Software and Distro

Samuel Morales Jr. sonofrage at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 10 12:23:03 EDT 2002

If you want to escape dependency hell, but are afraid
of Debian, I would recommend you use Conectiva Linux
or just APT4RPM. Conectiva ported apt to support rpms
so it basically gives you the best of both worlds. I
have upgraded Conectiva 7.0 to Conectiva 8.0 using
apt-get dist-upgrade. It also supports Redhat and most
any other rpm-based distro (as long as there is a
repository set up for it). Check it out:

http://en.conectiva.com
http://freshrpms.net/apt/