routing/DNS

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 15:43:08 EST 2002

I used to do this with my old server and a laptop.  I wanted the "accepted"
boot.ini to come up and be able to go into Linux from there not use Lilo and go
to boot.ini.  The Using Linux O'Reilly book has a pretty convoluted way that I
can;t remeber if I used or not.  I will have to check tonight when I'm home.  I
think I just added a line to my boot.ini

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(5)="Linux"

but I have to check If I actually had to copy my boot.ini or other files to the
Linux \boot and keep it FAT so NT could find it.  Sorry so confusing but I will
get you a better answer.

Basically Boot.ini just has to hand off to the Partition and then Lilo will
load and go about it's business.

JJN