routing/DNS

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Jan 24 11:00:39 EST 2002

> router and Linux RedHat .. Now I need to get 7.2 and a bigger hard drive
> and Im all set. I want to see what 7.2 is like . I am using 7.1..

The only main differences between 7.2 & 7.1 are updated packages, the
choice to use grub or lilo, and ext3 fs instead of ext2

packages updates are already available via updates from redhat.com

Grub is more of a power users boot loader, and is not as command friendly
as lilo

ext2 partitions can be upgraded to ext3 without erasing the disk (kinda
like going from FAT16 -> FAT32, except that ext3 FS can be easily forced
back to ext2 without any data loss).

So in other words, unless you REALLY want to format and install 7.2 fresh,
there is no real reason to do so.

On a side note, Xfree86 4.2 just came out :)

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me