Question re IP and routing/DNS

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 08:12:08 EST 2002

I set up the gaming machine to use DHCP and it receives an address fine
(192.168.10.X). I can ping both my other Linux server (192.168.10.10) and the
default gateway on the Linksys Router (.1).  From the other server I can ping
outside the network by name and IP but on my gaming box I can ping by IP #
ONLY!

I checked /etc/resolv.conf and it has:

nameserver 24.48.33.2
nameserver 24.48.33.3
search jjn.com.

THIS IS the SAME as the other server that gets out FINE.

When I go to NSLOOKUP on the gaming machine I get back IP #'s for domain names
I type in but from a command line (or any app) I get Unknown Host.

I tried setting it up for the wizard and everytime I try to configure the
Internet connection it restart the hardware detection routine.  I don;t know if
this is normal or not.  My default gateway is set.

I'm outta ideas..

Hints clues tips?

JJN