Redhat/AOL

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sat Jan 19 10:35:41 EST 2002

Oh, I can see it now.  In the mail, instead of getting AOL 7.0 cds, I get
AOL with a RedHat lite version, netscape, icq, winamp, aim, etc....  Just
like netscape does now.  Gee, didn't Microsoft go to court because of
similar practices???

I guess AOL saw the true damage Microoft endured and thought it'd be worth
the risk.

On a serious note, about a year ago, it seemed as if AOL was in the works
for an AOL version for Linux.  Apparantly the software (still in the alpha
stage) leaked out.  Haven't heard much about it since though.