new nflug member

raymond sherry raymond2375 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 10:25:11 EST 2002

Hello Nflug,
   I was one of ther new people at the meeting this
month. I was interesting in learning as much about
linux and unix as I can, but I am starting from point
A. I have some background in computers. I have passed
my  A+, and I am now working on my Cisco certs. I
don't have alot of knowledge in relation to NOS's.
Where do u (any of u) think is a good place to start
learning and getting experience?
   Right now I presently work for Adelphia powerlink
tech support department, but I am looking to get in on
the ground floor of some IT department in the area
that would allow me to continue my educational. My
present job is presenting some difficulties in
relation to scheduling my classes. I have a flip flop
schedule, and it becomes a challenge to plan for a
semester.
    Any info u have on the above would be greatly
appreciated.
Raymond Sherry
Lugs for life  :-)