compiling and installing gcc

deadpoint at adelphia.net deadpoint at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 18 14:46:09 EST 2002

it's likely that your new gcc installed under /usr/local, and the systems
gcc is under /usr. if you look at you $PATH, echo $PATH /usr/local/bin is
probably after /usr/bin. reorder your path so that /usr/local/bin and
/usr/loca/sbin are first and you use that executable first. or rename it to
gcc3 and set the $CC and $GCC environment variables to gcc 3.

to reorder your $PATH

bourne style shells
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin/:/path/to/
anything/else
export PATH

C style shells
setenv PATH