meeting this Sunday

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 12:56:39 EST 2002

--- "Gregory J. Neumann" <gjn at certainlywood.com> wrote:
> Anybody have an extra ATX case for sale CHEAP??  I have a power
> supply, but no case, so a bare case is fine.  My linux home machine
> sure looks strange strung out all over!  If anybody has one they can
> bring to the meeting .... I scavanged my old 486DX-4/100 to get my
> daughter's computer to work (running Linux and Xwindows!) faster for
> her senior thesis.  That left me w/ nothing, so I slapped together
> the dual P-Pro mobo and power supply on the table, w/ grounding and
> extra fans, etc., and she rocks!  But looks kind of ... well ... I
> don't mind too much, but it's damn hard to transport! ;-)

Hmmm, sound like the way that I build 'em.  Only one in the place that has a
cover on it is my wife's laptop :-)

> BTW, I have a spare 10baseT hub I could bring, if it would help.  I
> know it's monstly 100mb now, but it's there if we need it.

Hubs are always good to have onhand.

> Do we have a dedicated refreshment committee, or is everybody on it?

Well, I have a 30 cup coffee maker that was donated to the group. I haven't
been bringing it because we don't have enough people there that drink coffee to
make it worthwhile to lug (get it? :-) it in.  Other than that, whoever feels
like bringing something in, feel free.  I'm sure that there will be no shortage
of people that will partake in whatever refreshments that you bring in (short
of a 30 cup coffee pot, that is).

Hmmm... suddenly sounds like we're getting some folks interested in
participating.  Thanks!

Cheers!

Bob

=====