meeting this Sunday

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Feb 12 09:46:01 EST 2002

here's a few things to be aware of:

1 - you need to copy everything from the Q2 cd in /install/data/*
to your quake2 directory.

2 - in your quake2 directory, you should have a baseq2 sub-directory.
There should be about a 300+ Meg file in that sub-directory (don't
remember the name offhand).  That file contains the maps/base1.bsp file
(the 300+ meg file acts like a big zip archive for Q2).

3 - The file /etc/quake2.conf must be installed.  This file contains a
single line with the path of where the ref shared libraries can be found.
A sample one is included that lists /usr/games/quake2 as the default
path.  The libraries are only loaded out of the directory listed in
/etc/quake2.conf for security considerations.

Hope this helps

-Rob

> Would be cool if folks can bring machines.  I've been trying to get quake II to
> run but I'm currently getting messages about it not being able to open
> 'maps/base1.bsp'.  Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Cheers!
> Bob

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me