meeting this Sunday

S. Lawton green_man at bluefrognet.net
Mon Feb 11 17:17:09 EST 2002

On 11 Feb 2002, at 12:15, Robert Dege wrote:

> > I have an outing Sunday Evening with the wife, but I will still try to squeeze
> > in a few hours at the meeting. I suggest for those who want to deathmatch, we
> > meet a few hours early, like 11am or so to get setup and play before we begin
> > any formal presentations.
>
> Are we playing DM?  What games?  Still Quake, or are we gonna try
> Wolfenstein &| Q3A this time? <<giving evil eye to Meyer>>

I'm bringing the Athlon box because:

when booting, I have a problem in X ?
I get the Unsmiley Face [in Aurora?]

I need to get the sound working in Mandrake,
it works in the MS partition.

I need to get the Ethernet Adaptor
[and Modem] working.

I know absolutely nothing about running games, I can't even get
Tuxracer to work, maybe it's the X problem, but:

If all of the above come to fruition, I'll be anybody's victim, and I just
got a game called Redneck Rampage that's supposed to run in
DOS, so I'll need a tutorial on the WINE/Windows/DOS
relationship.
I'm not even sure how to boot to DOS from LILO, I haven't tried it
yet. I couldn't seem to find a lot that was useful about any of the
aforementioned in Help. Lots of "how to", but not "what to".
I'm going to try to be there about 10:30 ~ 11 to help hump gear,
and if there's anyone there who can get my machine "gamable"
quickly, tant mieux.

Scott

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming, or what?
(from Linux Journal)