RMP V 4.0x

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Feb 8 08:59:30 EST 2002

Do an # rpm -qa | grep rpm

rpm-4.0.3-1.04		- installs the rpm binaries & rpm database
rpm-build-4.0.3-1.04	- installs capability to build src rpms
rpm-devel-4.0.3-1.04	- rpm src for (for devel purposes)

So basically, check to see if you have the rpm-build rpm installed.  This
might be the problem.

> ok.. on to my question,
> Has anyone had problems running RPM version 4.0x and above?  A friend and I
> installed MD8.1 on his system and it installed v4.0x of RPM.. and it does
> not recongize the --rebuild switch to build source RPM's.  I have V3.03 and
> have no problems building source packages.  The man file and the help for
> the command both show the --rebuild switch, but it won't build it.  He gets
> the standard error that he used an unknown switch and it does not list
> --rebuild there.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or
> noticed this on their version of RPM.
>
> Chaz®

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me