Lan Party (and holiday wishes - for Deathmatch!)

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 26 07:55:27 EST 2002

We whiled away a few hours earlier this week playing an oldie but a goodie
Quake2.  I had my linux box sitting here just humming along and said to myself
" Hmm Dedicated server" well some 10-15 minutes later it was running as a
dedicated server and the Quake Fest was on!  Man was that ever easy!  Copy some
files grab an executable from id's ftp site and Bam.

I couldn't find a Mandrake'able Quake server but the binaries were to easy to
use it was a no-brainer.  I had the dedicated server running on my Linux box
faster than many had the game installed.  Now to get LMCTF running.

Anyone want to have a LAN party soon?  Pete, your home/office may not be
furnished but it's spartan nature lends itself well to Quake festing, if you
dare let the Mountain Dew pizza eating masses wade around screaming...

Just some holiday thoughts...

Hope everyone had a nice Solstice and a wonderful New Year.

JJN