how to mount

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Dec 23 21:50:23 EST 2002

Make a location to mount the share, I use /mnt/disk. Then make the share
on the windows box, you can choose to share the entire c: or whatever
just by right clicking and clicking sharing (sharing has to first be
enabled in the network settings). Then on your linux box as root type at
the prompt# "smbmount //ipaddress of machine/sharename /mnt/disk"
without the quotes.Samba needs to be running on the machine, you check
as root# "/sbin/service smb restart" without the quotes, if it failed on
stopping but is ok on starting, then it wasnt running b4 and you should
probably go into your services settings and enable it to start on boot.
That should do it.