Non-Meeting members

Charles Rishel chaz03 at localnet.com
Fri Dec 20 17:35:51 EST 2002

I don't really want to drag this topic out.  But this is the second time
this month that Cyber Source has "put down" members that don't make it to
the meetings.  The first time I emailed him "off-list" to make my feelings
known on the subject,  I did not take it as a personal attack, but just
wanted to remind him that text does not always convey the true message that
the sender may have intended.
That was fine, now it is back to the "no-show's" again.

As a "no-show" person on this list, I get the impression that my input and
what advice I can offer is not wanted.
If it is "mandatory" to make the meetings in order to participate in the
email group, then you might as well pull my email address from the
group.  Personally, I enjoy reading the messages and try to help when I
can, but I don't currently have a drivers license, and I don't think that
an illegal drive to buffalo once a month to make the meetings is very
advisable.  Or at least I don't think that any lawyer would advise
it.  Since my g/f is not as into Linux as I am, I'm not so sure she would
enjoy hanging out for 3+ hours while we hold the meeting.

Makes one wonder, if I was one of his customers, as I have been
considering, would I get just as good of service as someone in the local
area that can "show up" to discuss things with him?
F**k me once shame on you, F**k me twice, shame on me.

Chaz03

"If you want others to follow, give them leadership that they can believe in."