power off

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sat Dec 7 18:23:31 EST 2002

Most computers today use ATX MOBO's which take advantage of the soft
power on/off feature.  In windows this is really nice cuz I can just hit
the power button, and Win 98/2K/XP will properly shut itself down, and
power off the machine.

So I was thinking, I wonder if linux does this too?  So I load up my box,
get into KDE, and hit the power button.

*poof*

machine turns itself off.  no linux shutdown, no halt command, no nuthin.
oh I hated that.  So I ask, does anyone know how to implement this
feature, or do I get to google for the answer?

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me