LDAP and NIS

Darin Perusich darinper at cognigencorp.com
Mon Dec 9 10:12:03 EST 2002

your assumption is not correct, you should be able to use LDAP for
everything, nsswitch.conf will tell the system where to look as you've
mentioned. i'm starting to play with this in a solaris environment,
solaris 9 includes utilities to migrate from NIS to LDAP. i'll pass
along my findings to you as i work on the project.