Win 2k need a little help

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Fri Aug 30 02:57:28 EDT 2002

This is off topic for this mailling list, however I am at our office in
Europe and I need a little w2k help. I am as big of a ms bash as the
next guy but the reality is that at the moment thats what the company
desktop is. I am adding several linux and one solaris server so it
balances out...

My problem is I'm loading W2K on some Pcs. I have a VPN to the US, when
the user logs onto the domain (solaris PCNetlink) I run a login script.
I need to be able to add a route to the US network at bootup, can be in
the login script or not. The problem is an unpriveledged user can't add
routes in W2k, by default. I haven't found a spot where I can change
this. I don't want to set the default route cuz the VPN box (openreach
vpn appliance) will route to the public internet (can't seem to change
that but not saying its not possible). I have a squid proxy server that
controlls web browsing. Bottom line is it looks like I need to find a
way to add a route at bootup to the US network, while the user that logs
in is unpriveledged. Is there a file that runs at bootup as admin I can
put it in, (like rc.local :), or some netconfig file. The gui interface
only lets you add gateways not routes..

Any Help Is Apreciated!

Justin

Justin Bennett