Thanks!

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Aug 28 18:39:24 EDT 2002

You guys are phenomenal.  Now, I just have a bunch of reading to do.  A couple of quick answers would help, though.

1)  What's El Torito?  And how do I know if my CDROM is compliant with it?

2) It sounds like I can use mkCDrec to write the CD's on a USB CDRW drive and then boot them from the internal CDROM drive if I need them.  SO... now I need to know which Linux distro do you think would be most compatible with my machine (see previous post) so I don't have a bunch of unrecognized hardware (like my LT Winmodem or USB CDRW drive) to contend with.  And as part of that, what USB CDRW should I buy?  I liked Mandrake 8.0 which I got at the last NFLUG meeting I was able to attend before I moved, but I found that getting additional hardware to work that it didn't just recognize was a little beyond me.  Is it relatively easy to configure a USB CDRW these days?

Thanks again.  Joe