Screensave

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 10:06:08 EDT 2002

startx -- -s 0

Cheers!

Bob

P.S. don't send messages in 'html' format.  It makes replies look like this:

--- Justin Bennett <justin.bennett at dynabrade.com> wrote:

<HR>
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Starting X with a startx command. Would I need to put this in one of the
xstartup scripts then? Some where in /etc/X11?<br>
Justin<br>
Robert Meyer wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20020814131417.1620.qmail at web13304.mail.yahoo.com">
  <pre wrap="">Nah, the Xserver has it's own screen saver.  The relavent
parameters are:

-s minutes
sets the screen saver timeout in minutes.  I suspect that '-s 0' is no
screen saver

-p minutes
sets the screen saver cycle time in minutes.  Not sure what this one means
but I suspect that if you have a logo saver, it changes the logo based on
this parameter.

You have to start X with the parameter.  How to do this will depend on how
you're
provoking X to begin with.

Cheers!

Bob
--- Robert Dege <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU">&lt;rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">What Window Manager are you running?

Also check for XScreensaver.  It can run in the background.

-Rob

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I have a PC being used as an mp3 player (old libretto) I
have redhat 7.3
on it, after about 10 minutes the screen will black out. I would like to
keep the screen always on (got IRman and remote controll to controll
it). I have no desktop running, just X and xmms. APMD is not running,
got all power management turned off in the bios, any ideas whats
blanking out the screen?

Justin

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator
Dynabrade Inc.
8989 Sheridan Dr
Clarence, NY 14031
716-631-0100 ext 215

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
=====
Bob Meyer
Knightwing Communications, Inc.
36 Cayuga Blvd
Depew, NY 14043
Phone: 716-308-8931 or 716-681-0076
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Meyer_RM at Yahoo.com">Meyer_RM at Yahoo.com</a>

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.hotjobs.com">http://www.hotjobs.com</a>

dangerous content by Dynabrade using Mailscanner,
and is believed to be clean.
  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator
Dynabrade Inc.