Samba

Riga, Anthony Anthony.Riga at searbrown.com
Mon Apr 22 07:38:52 EDT 2002

I had to reinstall my Redhat 7.2 because the startup menus and toolbars dont show up in the menus. I reinstalled it 3 times so far without any luck. Now that I cant use Gnome I will use KDE .There must be a corrupt file in the code thats not loading that part of the os! I picked up this version of Redhat from Compusa. I tried to set up the Samba again and I still get error message saying I cant  open 127.0.0.1:901. What is the trick to getting to access SWAT?It seems like there must be certain rights to access it and I am not setting them up right.. It worked the fist time I set it up but I cant remember what I did ! I took off RO rights to most of the samba files and smb.conf files and host.allow . I put in the 127.0.0.1 address in hosts.allow. I started /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start I did testparm.