LFS attempts

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 10:59:02 EDT 2002

I saw the BLFS and the HINTS are Very helpful.  I used the "commands" file to
cat the command I needed in another console and then using gpm was able to
paste the commands right into my cmd line, no typing errors! (and very little
typing - i am not a good typererereadf :-)

You may have run into 2.1 glib errors, there are a few packages that need
patches installed if you are running a certain version of libc.  I learned
about /lib/libc.so.6 - a very nice way to identify your C libs.  Mandrake 8.2
uses 2.2.4 so I avoided many of the problems they mention. The 3.2
documentation I find much better than the 3.1 I tried the first time...

JJN