YellowDog Linux

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed Apr 3 08:27:20 EST 2002

running linux a RISC is great! i have a old Sun IPX that i'm running the
lastest debian release and it smokes, as much as it can for a 40mhz
sparc w/48mb ram and 400mb drive. i've run solaris7, OpenBSD3.0,
Redhat6.2, and now Debian on this machine. i wanted to try a wide
variety of OS's on this box to see which preformed the best, so far
debian is tops with openbsd a close second. it may have taken 6+ hours
to compile the lastest bind-9.2 release but this box is as rock solid as
the any other system i've worked on.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator