2.4.10

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Sep 28 16:05:47 EDT 2001

>>From the Kernel-HOWTO:

So, do the `make dep'. This insures that all of the dependencies, such the
include files, are in place. It does not take long, unless your computer
is fairly slow to begin with. For older versions of the kernel, when
finished, you should do a `make clean'. This removes all of the object
files and some other things that an old version leaves behind. In any
case, do not forget this step before attempting to recompile a kernel.

</snip>

I couldn't wait to search for a solution.  So I installed the 2.2.19
kernel & it compiled just fine.  Thanks for the help though

-Rob