Apache question

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed Oct 31 07:59:29 EST 2001

when apache fires up sendmail it will not be running in server mode,
it's pretty much the equivalent of using sendmail as a mail agent
instead of using an MTA.

another sendmail trick i do on hardened servers attached directly to the
internet is to run sendmail via cron. running sendmail via cron every
hour or so to clean up anything that's queue'd up. when doing this only
only give sendmail the "-q", this will only process the queue once.
	crontab entry
	0 * * * * /usr/lib/sendmail -q

to have your remote SMTP process outgoing mail modify your sendmail.cf
on the web server to forward all message to the remote.

modify these lines to push ALL mail on your webserver to a remote SMTP

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DSremote_server.$m

# who I send unqualified names to (null means deliver locally)
DRremote_server.domain.com

#
# YOU MAY OR MAY NOT WANT TO CHANGE THIS ON
#
# who gets all local email traffic ($R has precedence for unqualified
names)
DHremote_server.domain.com

--
Darin Perusich