Automount

Wechter, Ron WechterR at cnrc.navy.mil
Wed Oct 24 16:21:02 EDT 2001

OK - I answered my own question.  I was getting confused on the floppy disk
mount.  I noticed (I never have to copy data to floppy disks - I always used
to working with everything over the network) that the /etc/fstab has a
listing for "noauto" for /dev/fd0 -- This means for autofs to not automount
AND (the biggest of them all) when I went to unmount the file system (floppy
disk) it would not unmount.  Well my pwd was still /mnt/floppy/ and it would
not unmount because the disk cache was still being used (I was in the dir)

Long story short - I was not using common sense AND my inexperience with
mounting floppy disks got the best of me.

****Does this theory hold true for network files sytems too?  If a file is
being used in the files sytem will linux be able to unmount it if needed?
Can more than one computer mount the same files sytem (network resource?).

Ron