Nothing important

Gregory J.Neumann gjn at certainlywood.com
Wed Oct 24 13:05:33 EDT 2001

Anybody have any old hardware in the pentium class they don't need/want?
Willing to sell cheap?  I'm trying to cobble boxes for my school-age kids
and just can't seem to get enough scratch for drives, motherboards, etc.
My last drive of more than 300 Meg quit week before last.  Got it in
1994, 540 Meg Maxtor, and I DROPPED the darn thing trying to move it from
one box to another!  Motherboard seems dead anyway.  :-(  Awfully hard to
fit even Linux on a 250 meg drive anymore, especially w/ Xfree86!

Anybody work with Postfix?  I set it up in February and it ran well,
until we got ISDN and I couldn't get the Ascent Pipeline and the Linux
server to talk. Seems like it's pretty good for a small operation, and
configuration is sure easier to understand than Sendmmai!  I couldn't
figure out the spam filtering aspects, but not it's not surprising as I'm
really a total newbie when it comes to scripting.  It looked as though it
should be a fairly simple exercise to anybody who knew *nix stuff.  Just
mention it as Sendmail configuration has been under discussion lately.

-Greg Neumann