sendmail question

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Oct 23 16:34:45 EDT 2001

If you want to make it even simpler yet:

I assume that you are the sys admin of the machine.  Else, you can't
control another's mail.

Procmail uses a global file called /etc/procmailrc

Here's a refined version of Bob's recipe (I spent the last 5 days
researching procmail & writing Anti-Spamming filters):

:0:
* ^From:.*wiseguy at adelphia\.com
* ^(To:|CC:).*stinky at nflug\.org
/var/spool/mail/darin

Basically, what it says is if an email is received from wiseguy to  or
cc'd to stinky (I forgot the actual username :), then file the email into
your mailbox.

If you want to get fancy, you can modify the Subject: line with formail,
so that it tells you that it was caught by the filter.

-Rob