multiple port network cards

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed Oct 17 14:25:20 EDT 2001

one last thing on the quad NICs. i know on the sun quad cards you have
only one MAC address. if you plan to assign different IP addresses to
each interface you need to assign a unique MAC to each port, this can be
accomplished easily using ifconfig(1M). if you don't some operating
systems get really stupid, we had an NT server blue screen because of
this. i've never seen any problems with unix hosts.

darin

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator