Open Invite

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 14:16:07 EDT 2001

--- Joe Bielli <jbielli at netsos.com> wrote:
> A few questions:
>
> 1. Who pays for this? Do we accept donations or something?
The room is free.  We have a sponsor in the building that gets the room for us.

> 2. Do people generally bring their systems with them? I don't own a
> laptop, so I don't want to lug (no pun) my system down if we arent
> trying to accomplish something / frag each other etc.

Generally folks bring machines.  I usually bring a laptop a few others bring
machines that they'd like help installing.  Others bring machines to show off
something that they've done.  We have someone that may bring a DEC Alpha box to
install RedHat on at the meeting.  It's generally a pretty informal thing.

> 3. Also, can we bring beer / is there beer there? (beer and linux go
> hand in hand with me, so yes I'm serious :)

You know, we've never talked about that.  I don't know that there are any rules
about beer but I'd highly recommend moderation, especially if you have to drive
back home.

By the way, the room is the Georgian Room and it's on the Mezzanine (sp?)

Cheers!

Bob

=====
Bob Meyer