NIS ad NFS

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 15:11:08 EST 2001

Whether it is NIS or LDAP, what I am trying to accomplish is one name and
password, no matter what system I log onto on my netowork.  In the Domain
Scheme (which I am more familiar with) I can logon with jjneff/password on any
machine in the domain and certain things will be the same, and I only have to
update(track) my name/password combo in one place (PDC)  How are people out "in
the word doing it right now"  Is there a one name/password for whole netowrk
concept?

Ideas, web-pages, examples welcome...

JJN