new lug server box

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Tue May 29 12:39:14 EDT 2001

hello,

a few months ago i put out a request asking for old parts to put
together a "new" lug server. i've collected about 90% of the parts that
we'll need to put this machine together. what i'm still trying to get is
a case, if anyone has a atx style case that they can donate please get
back to me. so far this is what i've gathered up.

what we have:
-------------
mainboard w/ P233
32mb ram
8gb maxtor hard drive
3com nic
video card (really old but it works)

needed items:
-------------
atx case

wish list items:
----------------

scsi controller (i might have this buried @ home)
external disk tower
more disk
more disk
more disk

i'd like to get as much disk as possible. i don't plan to put a cdrom in
the system, this way we can stuff up to 4 IDE drives in the box. the
reason for all the disk you may be asking is for ftp storage. i'd like
to get an ftp server setup, have an uploads area for lug members or who
ever, mirror some of the cool projects out there and so forth.  i do
have more ram for the box but i haven't tested it yet, the additional
ram should put it up to 64mb if i'm not mistaken.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Administrator
darinper at cognigencorp.com