Mandrake 8.0 Growing Pains

Ronald K. Wechter sysad3_buff at cnrc.navy.mil
Mon May 21 16:20:50 EDT 2001

Ok -- the only error I recieved was that it could not locate a
/usr/local/bin directory.  Once this error flashes on the Alt-F3 screen the
user interface starts and the system locks on the "Choose Language" dialog.

The only other thing I can think of is that the HD is formatted for NTFS
(Win2k).  This was not a problem with RedHat though.

Ron