telnetd on mandrake (or, i seem to have been whacked with a stupid stick!)

Richard.Hubbard at nhwny.com Richard.Hubbard at nhwny.com
Wed May 9 12:52:32 EDT 2001

In my nefarious plot to get our NT boxes switched to Linux, I have a test
server running Samba (not 2.2 yet, that will come soon!).

However, I wish to configure this machine for remote access, and I can't
seem to find telnetd.

Am I looking for the right daemon?  Did I forget to install it?

If I forgot to install it, how to I add packages to Mandrake? (i'm really
spoiled.  Although slackware is officially harder, I could always run
'setup' as root and install packages.  I'm really clueless with Mandrake.)

A pointer to the HOWTO or man page would be remembered forever, thanks!

Richard A. Hubbard III
MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCT, CLI, CLP,LCI,LCP,
 A+, Net+,I-net+
Training Manager, New Horizons Buffalo
richard.hubbard at nhwny.com
phone (716) 681-8500 x2241