ALERT [Lion Worm] [t0rn rootkit] Linux exploit

Richard.Hubbard at nhwny.com Richard.Hubbard at nhwny.com
Thu Mar 29 13:24:21 EST 2001

I forgot to mention that the CCNA study guide is by Todd Lammle and is
published by Cybex.

Richard A. Hubbard III
MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCT, CLI, CLP,LCI,LCP,
 A+, Net+,I-net+
Training Manager, New Horizons Buffalo
richard.hubbard at nhwny.com
phone (716) 681-8500 x2241
fax   (716) 683-2368

                    Richard.Hubbard
                    @nhwny.com             To:     nflug at nflug.org
                    Sent by:               cc:
                    owner-nflug at nfl        Subject:     RE: ALERT [Lion Worm] [t0rn rootkit] Linux exploit
                    ug.org

                    03/27/01 07:50
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to nflug

I didn't specifically prep for network+, however, I did take the test, and
it is pretty lame.  If you understand the OSI reference model and tcp/ip,
with some general networking knowledge, you will not have a problem.

One book that can kill two birds with one stone is the Cisco Certified
Network Associate Study Guide.  The first couple of chapters are a
concentrated version of the network+ test.  I'm reading it right now for
the CCNA stuff and it goes into a lot of detail.

you will still want to look at brainbuzz.com for a short course in what to
know about, and comptia.org for the actual exam topics (plus about 5 sample
questions that I can almost guarantee will be on the test)

Hope this helps.

richard.hubbard at nhwny.com
hubbardr at adelphia.net
phone (716) 681-8500 x2241
fax   (716) 683-2368

                    "Ronald K.

                    Wechter"                 To:     <nflug at nflug.org>

                    <sysad3_buff at cnrc        cc:

                    .navy.mil>               Subject:     RE: ALERT [Lion
Worm] [t0rn rootkit] Linux exploit
                    Sent by:

                    owner-nflug at nflug

                    .org

                    03/28/01 03:48 PM

                    Please respond to

                    nflug

Not that this has anything to do with linux, but, has anyone taken the
CompTIA Network+ exam.  If so, did you pass and what materials do you
suggest using to prepare for the exam.  (I also will ask this for CCNA).

Thank You,

Ron