Server

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Mon Mar 19 10:03:20 EST 2001

the nflug server is on a T1 link to a tier2 ISP, thanks to the cognigen
corp. i personally have a buffnet account, i don't have the need, yet
for anything faster at home. i also surf a T at work so there's not need
yet. a few of the guys here at cognigen that have DLS, some company that
didn't backout of the area. as for server farms, i'm pretty sure there
are a few locally. i'll get back to you on it.

doesn't everyone love virii! there a plenty of virus packages available
for unix, i've always prefered mcafee or sophos. the latter supporting
many flavors of unix. unless your using your linux/unix server as a file
server to windows clients it's probably not really necessary. if your
using sendmail as an SMTP gateway or server there are a number of
packages out there that will scan all incoming mesages. checkout rav
anti-virus, http://www.ravantivirus.com, there's also amavis
http://www.amavis.org. i played with amavis for about an afternoon but
didn't have much luck.

--