CD-Burner

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 13:56:22 EDT 2001

In addition to the scsi driver that you install for your controller, you
typically install 'sd' drivers for disks and 'sr' for CDROM and 'st' for tape.
If you also add the 'sg' drivers, you will be able to burn again.  In fact, if
you compiled everything as modules, 'modprobe sg' should install the CD-R
driver and it should find the writer.

Let me know if this is the problem

Cheers!

Bob
--- Robert Dege <rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

> I have a SCSI CD-Burner at work.  I just recompiled my kernel to & now
> it doesn't work.  Does anybody know  what kernel extensions need to be
> enabled for it to work correctly?
>
> I am able to use it as a standard CD-Rom (mounting, audio & such), but I
> can no longer burn.  If I boot back to the older kernel, that feature is
> restored.  So I know it's the kernel.
>

> Dege
>
> Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
> they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.

=====
Bob Meyer
Knightwing Communications, Inc.
36 Cayuga Blvd