Setting the Date

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Jul 10 13:37:37 EDT 2001

Thanks for the replies.  After doing some research, this is what I found:

On a Redhat/Mandrake, the date is initially set in a file called
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

About 2 pages down, it executes a command /sbin/hwclock -htctosys.  It
also has a few extra parameters that references the file
/etc/sysconfig/clock.

-Rob