Large drives

Ronald V. Maggio intelli at localnet.com
Tue Jul 10 08:00:01 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cyber Source" <peter at thecybersource.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 10:16 PM
Subject: RE: Large drives

> >From what I have seen of Maxtor hard drives, they should work on
performance
> and reliability first. From working with different hard drives all the
time,
> I believe Western Digital takes the prize for IDE drives and Seagate takes
> the prize for SCSI's. Just my 2 cents worth.......
> peter at thecybersource.com

----------------------------snip----------------------------------------
Hi all:)

Well Peter I agree with you that Seagate is likely the best SCSI drive out
there.
But I have had no problem with Maxtor drives at all. But I speak for myself
only.
I have though ran into a few problems with Western Digital drives. But for
the most
part I believe the problem stems from either a bad one coming off the line
or user end stupidity.
Question? Has there ever been a review posted on the web of manufactures
designs and which
companies rate better over another? Which models had better performance? If
anyone has the
information share it with us all.

Well I don't have two cents right now but will a nickel do?

Yours

Ron M.