Meetings

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 20:05:06 EST 2001

Hello All.

The meetings are held from 1-4 (roughly) but sometimes we arrive a little early
and leave whenever we feel like we are done chatting :-)

We typically have a few extra pieces or parts laying around but to ensure YOUR
stuff works with your computer you should bring enough to make your computer
work (a power strip, extension cord and/or network cable doesn't hurt either if
you happen to have 'em laying around.

Everyone who has a distribution on CD please bring it as the ability to get on
the T-1 is up in the air.  We are working on the situation but I can not
guarantee we will have it worked out in time for Sunday.  Anyone with an inside
to Prime feel free to chime in!  Seriously though we should be working and if
not we will have quite a few different distros on CD to choose from and if we
can get a NIC working to get you on the NET we can get a NIC working to do an
install shared from another computer (hey that sounds like a neat thing to
try!)

This week we will meet new people, do installs for anyone having trouble or who
just wants to see a few, and discuss Linux in particular.  Please keep your
ideas coming!

Just an aside for those who may be new.  We take no dues or fees so we have a
budget of $0 so we purposely have the meetings after Lunch and before dinner:-)

If you want to bring snacks or your lunch that is fine, there is plenty of room
and tables and chairs.  There is also a soda and juice machine right down the
hall.  Anything I might have left out or any questions you have please feel
free to bring them up.  Oh yes, The Delaware Ave side of the Statler has a
parking lot across the street that almost always is free on Sunday (unless a
special event is happening-Hey I thought we were a special event!).  The
Opposite side (Genesee/Franklin Street)has a wheelchair-accessible/automatic
door.  THat is the door I tend to use when unloading anything since I can get a
push cart right up to it (the other door has a big staircase) and the automatic
door openers make moving things easier.  If you do have a few things to carry
come to that door first and let us know and we'll be glad to help.

C'Ya

JJN