BIO's Virus

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 22:34:21 EST 2001

--- Ronald Maggio <r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Well I flashed the chip and installed new and updated BIO's. System works
> fine no problems I found no damage to hardware. ie: HDD's. I reinstalled OS I
> did not have to format and low level HDD's but its been u for a little over a
> year and with windows decay factor well time to reinstall anyway. I had
> everything backed up so I'm not worried. I'm doing a scandisk now on both
> drives and their partitions.
>
> I wanted to install a flavor of Linux anyway on the second disk drive. Does
> anyone have any suggestion? I was thinking of SUSE or RedHat. Oh and also
> does NFLUG have any copies of the newest distro available? Or if someone
> could spear a copy I'll pay for the disks. I'm a student at tech school and
> money does not go far enough these days to afford buying a retail distro
> every time a new one is released.

Well, I usually have copies of the latest Mandrake Linux at the meetings.  The
latest is currently 8.1 (Vitamin).  I've been actively trying to convert the
whole group to Mandrake through drug dealer techniques (hmmm... Want to try
some disks? :-)

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Cheers!

Bob

=====
Bob Meyer