New Member

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Dec 18 15:47:29 EST 2001

> Where would you check the httpd daemons? How would you change these
> configurations?

/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd (start|stop|status)

do a status to see if it's running first.

> I went into the /sbin/iptable -nL, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm
> supposed to be looking for. Assuming I do, where can I change the settings?

You should see 3 sections, accept, deny & filter(?).

when you use your web browser, are using connecting to your machine via
localhost?  or are you connecting via one of your ip addresses?
Connecting via localhost should not be affected by your iptable rules.

{ie:} http://localhost:10000

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.