On to a different subject.

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Dec 18 13:29:40 EST 2001

The hardest part of setting up Linux on an Alpha was configuring the SRM.
Getting the boot options correct was a pain in da butt.  After that,
Installing linux, configuring it, compiling source, installing rpms, was
all transparent.

> I am in the process of installing RedHat 7.1 for DEC Alpha in a few days I'll be asking some questions on subjects that I'm not well versed with. ie: Rawrite and so on. I've downloaded the Installation Manual and the Users Manual and read them I have a better understanding of the software now since reading these manuals. I think that the Milo floppy that Bob was trying to show us all how to install with was bad or the wrong version of milo for that version of RedHat 7.1  (I'm just assuming at this cause I'm not fully versed enough to say is was or wasn't.) I'm also posting this same info of what I'm in the process of doing to the LUGOR email list as soon as possible (ie: installing RedHat 7.1 on the DEC Alpha as well.) So as to help me get the most out of everyones knowledge base. I hope that anyone helpfull out there will send me some incuraging words and information.
>
> Thanks:)
>
> Ron Maggio

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.